No products in the cart
You have probably been advised to use a moisturizer at some point in your life by one of your friends or your doctor or even by one of the ads on the internet. With all of them telling you how important it is, you have probably wondered why. What is it made of? What does it do? Why is it so important to add to your skincare routine? And many other questions popping around your head every time you hear about this product. And since we care so much about your beauty, we have gathered some helpful information to answer all your questions and to get you out of this confusion. So, come along for a quick read to start using moisturizers just the right and healthy way.
What are moisturizers?
Basically, any kind of product that you use on your skin weather if it was a lotion or an oil or anything to hydrate it is called a moisturizer. It’s an external aid to your skin that provides it with hydration in case of a lack in natural skin oil. When you use the right kind of moisturizer on your skin, it keeps it from drying out and provides it with a wall of protection. It will also improve the skin’s texture and tone and keep it soft and smooth and wrinkle free. It has anti-aging benefits, antioxidants, and sunscreen protection. Plus, it protects your skin from the environment. Using a moisturizer creates a wall on your skin that keeps the natural skin oil from escaping and protects your skin from external elements that causes irritation and dryness.
What more can you expect from a moisturizer?
- It gives a younger skin.
- It reduces skin problems in general.
- It keeps your skin away from dullness.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
What moisturizer should I use?
As always, your skin type and concerns determine the product and ingredients you should use. Cause there is nothing worse than using the wrong product. Total waste of time and money, right? So that is why we have set up a couple of examples for you to choose from or to help you with the quest of finding your one great moisturizer.
It is basically a product that will help you to get rid of excess oil without drying your skin out or stripping it from moisture. It also does not cause any kind of clogging and it’s oil free.
It can be very helpful for those with a sensitive skin that gets irritated easily. Most of the time, these products don’t contain any common allergens such as fragrances or colours. However, you should keep in mind that hypoallergenic products are not necessarily allergy-proof. So, if you have an allergy problem, you should probably see your doctor first before using any product.
Basically, all moisturizers work to protect your skin. They provide your skin with hydration then form a barrier to retain it. But there are some moisturizers that form a more protective barrier to your skin that keeps it safe from things that would cause it irritations such as UV rays, chemicals, and free radicals.
So, what is the perfect moisturizer?
- An effective moisturizer that hydrates the stratum corneum and prevents TEWL.
- In case of sensitive skin, it should be fragrance free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- A moisturizer that improves the skin’s natural moisture retention and restores the lipid barrier.
- A moisturizer that is quickly absorbed.
- If you have a dry skin, you should go for a heavier oil-based moisturizer.
- If you have an oily skin, you should try a light water-based moisturizer.
How to properly apply moisturizer:
- Wash your face with warm water to prepare your skin.
- Use an almond amount for each application.
- Put a small amount on different areas of your face.
- Spread it evenly on your face using your fingertips.
- Use light, gentle upward strokes, especially on the neck.
Are you looking for a good-looking glow? Who isn’t right? We have just the right thing for you. To get that done, just add a few drops of your highlighter to your face lotion and see the results.
We at Embrace care about you and only you. And we are always here to provide you with all the information you need to Embrace your natural beauty.